Regulatory Update #145
1 March 2012 - 15 March 2012
Cost Recovery Impact Statement (CRIS) Submissions Published
The public consultation requesting input to the APVMA interim cost recovery arrangements 2012-15 has closed. The APVMA is now considering responses to the Cost Recovery Impact Statement (CRIS) discussion paper, and will provide a consultation report on this page when available.
Deadline extended to 30 March 2012: comments on communication and consultation discussion paper
We have had a strong and positive response to our communication and consultation discussion paper with face-to-face meetings well subscribed and strong demand for the paper from all stakeholder groups. Through these discussions, however, we have become aware that some groups are heavily committed in responding to the Government’s proposed agvet regulatory reforms and are finding it difficult to allocate time to our consultation. As we want all stakeholders to provide us with a considered response, we have extended the date for comments. Comments are required by close of business 30 March 2012 and can be sent by email, fax or letter to:
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
PO Box 6182
KINGSTON ACT 2609
Telephone: 02 6210 4777
Fax: 02 6210 4813
Quality Assurance and Quality Management seminars
Three one-day seminars on ‘Quality Assurance and Quality Management’ were held in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane from 14-16 February 2012. The seminars were arranged by the Veterinary Manufacturers and Distributors Association (VMDA) and the program was developed in consultation with the APVMA from suggestions provided through the APVMA’s Manufacturers Licensing Scheme Industry Liaison Committee. Invitations were extended to all licensed manufacturers and more than 135 people registered for the seminars. Further information on the seminars and feedback from attendees is now available.
Closing 16 March 2012: FSANZ call for submissions on draft nutrition, health and related claims standard
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) has released a call for submissions on draft nutrition, health and related claims standard (external web site). This proposed new standard would regulate voluntary statements made by manufacturers on labels about the nutrition content of a food, or a relationship between a food and health. FSANZ welcomes comments from government agencies, public health professionals, industry and the community on the draft standard by 16 March 2012.
Approved active constituents updated on 29 February 2012
The record of approved active constituents was updated on 29 February 2012.
Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) tables for March
The Maximum Residue Limits Standard tables for agricultural and veterinary chemicals in food and animal feedstuff have been updated for March 2012.
Reminder—open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- Pyrimethanil in the product Philabuster 400 SC Janssen Fungicide Suspension Concentrate until 19 March 2012
- the Proposal to amend the format of the APVMA Gazette until 26 March 2012
- the Proposed registration of the new active saflufenacil in the product Sharpen WG Herbicide until 27 March 2012
- We're listening: a new communication and consultation policy for the APVMA until 30 March 2012
- the Proposed registration of the actives N-oleyl-1,3-diaminopropane and N-coco-alkyltrimethylenediamines in the product Mexel 432 Dispersant until 10 April 2012
- the Proposed registration of the actives N-oleyl-1,3-diaminopropane and N-coco-alkyltrimethylenediamines in the product A32 Dispersant until 10 April 2012
- the Proposal to Amend Standard 1.4.2 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code until 10 April 2012
Advice Summaries published since last issue are listed below. For a complete list and further information, please refer to the Advice Summaries content on our website.
- NV Pentosan Gold Injection For Horses
- Coopers Bovilis Rotavec Corona Calf Scours Vac
- Rallis Tebuconazole 800 WG Fungicide
- Mortein Fast Knockdown All Insect Killer
- Berry Blast Bin Buddy Insecticide
- Regular Roundup Ready To Use Weedkiller
- Fast Action Roundup Ready To Use Weedkiller
- Resolva Liquid Concentrate Bug Killer With Tmx Plantguard
- Mouseoff Zinc Phosphide Bait
Application Summaries are updated weekly. For a complete list, please refer to the Application Summaries content on our website.