Regulatory Update #140
8 December - 22 December 2011
The chief executive officer and staff of the APVMA would like to wish all readers the very best for the holiday period. We look forward to working with you again in 2012.
The APVMA will be closed for business from 24 December 2011 to 3 January 2012. Further information on emergency contact arrangements during this period is available on our website.
PUBCRIS now on government data website
The APVMA PUBCRIS database contains details of agricultural and veterinary chemical products which are registered for use in Australia. This information is now available on the Australian Government website www.data.gov.au, providing an easy way for the community to access and reuse public datasets at no cost.
Follow us on Twitter
Along with the APVMA Gazette, Regulatory Update and Regulatory News items on the website, the APVMA can now be followed on Twitter, providing another way to stay in touch with APVMA news and announcements.
Nominations sought for Labelling Reference Group
Expressions of interest are sought by 27 January 2012 from stakeholders who would like to be involved in a Labelling Reference Group to help develop and provide advice on operational matters relating to the implementation of new labelling arrangements under the first tranche of Better Regulation Reforms for agvet chemicals.
Seeking input to the APVMA interim cost recovery arrangements 2012–15
The APVMA is seeking comment until 28 February 2012 on the development of the authority's interim cost recovery arrangements for 2012-15.
APVMA to speak on quality and Good Manufacturing Practice at VMDA seminar
APVMA staff will present at three one day seminars for industry on Good Manufacturing Practice 'Quality Assurance and Quality Management' in February 2012. The APVMA welcomes suggestions for specific questions for discussion at the seminars.
Latest Trade Advice Notice (TAN) public consultations
The APVMA invites comments on the following applications to vary the use of the existing registered products:
- Paramite Selective Miticide containing the existing active constituent etoxazole until 31 January 2012
- Bogard 100 WG Foliar Fungicide containing the existing active constituent difenoconazole until 31 January 2012
- Amulet Gel Insecticide containing the existing active constituents fipronil until 1 February 2012
- Crop Care Intervix Herbicide for Clearfield Crops containing the existing active constituents imazamox and imazapyr until 1 February 2012
Seeking comment on amendment to the standard for the active constituent fosetyl-aluminium
The APVMA invites comments until 31 January 2012 on the proposed amendment to the standard for the active constituent fosetyl-aluminium.
Seeking input into piroctone olamine public consultation
The APVMA invites comments until 31 January 2012 on the proposed registration of the new active piroctone olamine.
Active constituents exemptions updated
The list of active constituents not requiring evaluation was updated.
Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) tables for December
The Maximum Residue Limits Standard tables for agricultural and veterinary chemicals in food and animal feedstuff have been updated for December 2011.
Reminder - open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on the:
- New proposed standard for the active constituent eremophilone oil until 23 December 2011
- Proposed registration of active constituent saflufenacil until 3 January 2012
- Proposed registration of Palladia 50mg, Palladia 15mg, and Palladia 10mg until 3 January 2012
- Proposed registration of new actives bovine rotavirus and bovine coronavirus in the product Coopers Bovilis Rotavec Corona Calf Scours Vaccine (for Cattle) until 3 January 2012
- seeking comment on draft APVMA Risk Analysis Framework until 18 January 2012
- seeking input to the APVMA Corporate Plan 2012-15 until 31 January 2012