Regulatory Update #113
5 November - 19 November 2010
Reminder: APVMA website survey
It has been almost a year since the new APVMA website was launched, and we're keen to hear what you think about it.
If you have not yet taken the survey, it's anonymous and should only take five minutes to complete. To provide your feedback and help us improve the APVMA website, take the survey now.
So far, your feedback has resulted in the following changes:
- a new button at the bottom of the left-hand menu called 'For Applicants and Registrants'
- the refinement of the product registration homepage to contain task-based links
- the correction of a bug that was pushing the permits search box to the bottom of the page on low resolution screens
More information now available on the APVMA's regulation of spray drift
The APVMA has published an update on our approach to mitigating the risks of spray drift. The following information is now available:
- Development of the Drift Reducing Technology incentives program
- Release of a supplement to the March 2010 operational notice
- Updating of the standard spray drift risk assessment scenarios
- Status of the current spray drift reviews of MCPA and 2,4-D
Joint effort successfully targets potentially dangerous insecticide products
Cooperative effort between the APVMA and suburban Sydney councils has led to a major crackdown on stores selling unapproved insecticide baits.
Chemical review of thiophanate-methyl completed
The APVMA has completed the review of thiophanate-methyl. Review findings and additional instructions for products based on the chemical have been published.
Call for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Auditors
Are you an experienced auditor wanting to utilise your skills in a regulatory capacity?
Do you have high level experience in the production, regulation or quality control of veterinary chemicals or pharmaceuticals?
If this sounds like you, find out more about applying to become an APVMA-Authorised GMP Auditor.
Trade Advice Notice on imazamox and imazapyr in the product Crop Care Intervix Herbicide for Clearfield Crops
The APVMA is considering an application to vary the use of the registered product Crop Care Intervix Herbicide for Clearfield Crops (APVMA Product number 60683) containing the existing active constituents imazamox and imazapyr.
The APVMA invites comment on the trade implications of varying the registration until 17 December 2010.
Community question: How is the APVMA funded?
The APVMA has published a response to the community question: How is the APVMA funded?
Community Consultative Committee meeting 56 minutes available
The minutes of the Community Consultative Committee meeting held on the 2nd of September are now available.
Updated Maximum Residue Limits (MRL) Standards
The MRL Standard tables were updated on 15 November 2010.
Reminder - open for public consultation
The APVMA is currently seeking comment on:
- The Revision of Vet MORAG Guideline 47 - Data requirements and guidelines for registration of new veterinary immunobiological products until 31 December 2010
- The proposed changes to the standard for the active constituent paraquat dichloride until 11 January 2011