Regulatory Update #35
21 July - 3 August 2007
New APVMA Advisory Board announced
The Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Sussan Ley, has announced the membership of the APVMA’s new advisory board.
In July the APVMA moved to a new governance model conferring responsibility on the Chief Executive Officer with an Advisory Board replacing the Board of Management.
Want to work for the APVMA?
The APVMA has a vacancy for a Veterinary Medicines Product Evaluator - $61,200 - $73,121 plus super.We are looking for someone with veterinary and/or bioscience expertise to evaluate applications for registration of veterinary medicines. Please view current vacancies for the selection criteria and duty statement. To discuss this position please contact Rory Martin, Human Resources on 02 6210 4845
Open for public consultation
The APVMA has before it an application for registration of a product Actara Insecticide that contains the chemical Thiamethoxam.We invite written comments on trade implications by COB 4 September 2007.
Moving ahead with atrazine review
Read about progress on the atrazine review
Permitted label changes - revisions to Permit 6868
On 27 July the APVMA reissued a new version of Permit 6868. Permit 6868 allows registrants to make specified changes to the approved label of a registered agricultural or veterinary product, without making an application to the APVMA. The changes are as follows:
- paragraph 3 - now allows the addition or deletion of warranty, liability or conditions of sale statements
- paragraph 7 - allows an additional statement re disposal of containers which will not be recycled
- paragraphs 10 and 11 (new) - allow the label approval number to be re-positioned
- paragraph 17 (new) - allows a company to change the colours and graphics of all their products, if the changes have been approved in one of their products
- paragraph 18 (new) - allows changes to pesticide mode of action group letters or numerals.
Manual of Requirements and Guidelines updated (MORAG)
On Wednesday 8 August we replaced Ag MORAG Volume 3, Part 5a (Residues). This version accurately represents current APVMA requirements. These requirements supersede the version published on 20 July 2007 with the roll out of MORAG version 4 - see MORAG revisions.
Also, please let us know your experience of using the new MORAG layout – what you like and if you have any problems. We are happy to keep improving this resource. Please use the website feedback link below.
Operational Plan 2007-2008
The new Operational Plan is now available.
Maximum Residue Limits updated for August