Getting ready for the new legislation
A range of initiatives will support people to get ready for the new laws:
- An overview of the structure and content of the new regulatory guidelines is now available
- A new look website will house the draft regulatory guidelines from January 2014
- A formal consultation period from January 2014 will provide an opportunity for feedback on the draft regulatory guidelines
- Free information sessions are planned for all capital cities (subject to sufficient interest in each location) during February and March 2014
- Workshops are planned for regulatory affairs teams and topics will be developed in consultation with industry users with roll-out from April 2014
- Fact sheets and frequently asked questions will be developed and updated as required and informed by feedback
- Regulatory Update newsletter will continue to include reform updates, subscribe here.
- Melbourne on Monday 17 February 2014
- Hobart on Wednesday 19 February 2014
- Adelaide on Friday 21 February 2014
- Perth on Tuesday 25 February 2014
- Darwin on Thursday 27 February 2014
- Brisbane on Monday 3 March 2014
- Sydney on Wednesday 5 March 2014
- Canberra on Thursday 6 March 2014
The new legislation makes amendments to the approval, registration, chemical review and compliance processes for agricultural and veterinary chemicals and is designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the current arrangements.
In parallel to implementing new legislation, we are we are committed to continued improvement to timeliness, transparency, predictability and consistency in our decision making and to make it easier for you to do business with us.
This includes improving our business systems and technologies, making it easier to find information on our website and to contact us, adopting a risk based approach to compliance, and reviewing and updating all policies and procedures to improve the timeliness and quality of our decision making.
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Legislation Amendment Bill 2012 (external site)
- Explanatory memorandum to the Bill (external site)
- Frequently asked questions
+61 2 6210 4871