APVMA Service Charter
The APVMA is the Australian Government agency responsible for regulating pesticides and veterinary medicines supplied to the Australian marketplace.
This charter sets out the standards of service you can expect from the APVMA and the steps you may take if these standards are not met.
On this page:
Our stakeholders are:
- the chemicals industry we regulate
- the Australian, State and Territory governments
- the general community
- farmers and farm workers
- other users of agricultural and veterinary chemicals, and
- other national and international regulators.
We are committed to providing quality, science-based, legislatively rigorous and efficient regulation, which is open and transparent, and informed of the expectations of all our stakeholders.
We place a high value on:
- being courteous, considerate, impartial, consistent, honest, ethical and professional
- providing explanations of our processes and requirements in a form you can understand
- processing applications efficiently and within statutory timeframes
- maintaining high standards of quality
- making decisions in line with the APVMA's governing legislation, and
- listening and responding to what you tell us.
We will keep you informed through:
- making all public information available from our website www.apvma.gov.au
- responding promptly with accurate information to requests about our programs, functions and services, and
- providing contact names and phone numbers on all written correspondence.
The APVMA takes its commitment to delivering quality service standards seriously; we aim to achieve stakeholder satisfaction.
Written correspondence, including emails, will be acknowledged within 10 working days.
Telephone calls will be returned within one working day.
You will be treated with courtesy and our staff will be helpful.
Your questions and inquiries will be answered as promptly as possible.
- provide advice on which product to use
- prepare your application for you
- advise you on the likely outcome of your application prior to it being examined
- provide confidential information on other products, and
- provide legal advice on the Agvet legislation.
We do not:
- have the power to change or waive fees and levies, or
- assess the commercial potential or likely benefits of a product.
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- give us sufficient time to respond to your requests
- be open and honest in your dealings with us, and
- supply all information required to support your applications.
If you are unsure of the most appropriate section or person to contact, please phone us on 02 6210 4700. Business hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm EST Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
Your view and feedback are very important to us. We welcome your comments if we fail to meet your expectations:
- First try to talk to the staff member you are dealing with.
- Ask to talk to that staff member's manager if you are not satisfied.
- If you want to provide further feedback, or the above suggestions are not appropriate in the circumstances, write to:
APVMA Feedback Register
PO Box 6182
Kingston ACT 2604
Phone: 02 6210 4746
Fax: 02 6210 4776
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, please write to the CEO of the APVMA at the above address.