Chapter 1CEO's report and outlook
The key priority for the APVMA for 2010-11 is to continue to focus on core activities and to streamline and strengthen those activities without compromising quality.
The APVMA’s priority continues to be responding to new and emerging issues, including the government’s regulatory reform agenda, while meeting the expectations of our stakeholders. Our focus is to maintain and, where possible, raise performance and to foster stability within our resources and operating environment.
The framework of the Operational Plan 2010-11 identifies the following priorities for the APVMA:
Stakeholder confidence—responding to what is important
- Supporting a robust and accountable organisation: effectively manage science and regulatory issues.
Operational excellence—making sure we do the best we can
- Predictability, transparency and responsiveness: focus on the assessment process, in particular screening of applications and implementing the COAG Early Harvest reforms.
- Valuing and empowering staff: integrate talent management processes, and focus on workforce planning to maintain a high level of scientific expertise and support staff capability and leadership.
- Professional and collaborative relationships: improve timeliness through encouraging industry to plan globally, and offer international reports and work share evaluations.
Informing policy—working with our government partners
- Supporting a robust and accountable organisation: inform and respond to government policy and external reviews.